Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 10A - Happy Birthday, Princess!

First of all, Happy Birthday to my husband's daughter...whom I've nicknamed "THE PRINCESS!"  (She would HATE that I put that in pink.  Heck, she would hate to know that I even REFER to her as a Princess!)

And by the way....I'm patting myself on the back....

One of the reasons why she's the Princess in our house is because our household rules do NOT apply to her Royal Teenageness.  (Which kills me.)  One of the rules she breaks A LOT (and did so again yesterday) was that I want FULL loads of laundry done in our washer, and now we have a clothesline.  So when the weather is good - they get hung.  But not for HER!  She does not like to "mix" her clothes with others' clothing, so my husband turns a blind eye and allows her to do a medium (or whatever size) load.  I have an easy solution:  bring clothes from her mom's house to clean or take her stinkin' clothes to her MOM's!  (Yes, I don't care if she washes the clothes from her mom's house here at our home.  Just use the FULL load!!!!)  And because she doesn't like to use the clothesline, she does her laundry on crappy (weather) days, so she can have them dried in the dryer.  (She's not a dumb child.) 

So instead of bringing it up AGAIN and creating an issue AGAIN (with my husband), I let it go....

Why?  Because I need to pick and choose my battles with her, and preserve the peace I have with my husband.  We will never see 100% eye to eye on her.

**********************************************************************************************

On the "good news," I did wake up (although a bit later than I'd like) and got in a short workout!  Yay!

Workout:
Turbo Jam Cardio: 32 min, 333 calories

Not a lot of "burn," but I'm still pretty tired.  But I hit PLAY! :-)

**********************************************************************************************

...later...

Well, the kids have gone back to their mom's after the Princess' bday, and I have to say, it went VERY well.  I don't know if the Princess is behaving because of her bday...(?) or is she FINALLY maturing a bit?!?!  I truly hope and pray it's on the mature side.  It's a very nice and welcome change...

No comments:

Post a Comment