Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Days 49 (Sun) and 50 (Mon - Pres' Day)

Sunday (Day 49):

Sunday I was still in TC visiting family, feeling very homesick for my hubby!

I didn't calorie track, but I had a GREAT workout on my dad's treadmill!  I did a 5k and then some.  (Program 5k on the treadmill.)  I was running 8 -10 min. at a time!  Not too fast, but I can totally tell that my endurance is doing AWESOME!!  I'm getting back to the level that I was at when I was actually training for my half marathon.  I'm really itching to race now... Gotta look for some local races, I think!  Spring is usually the time when they start popping up! :-D

As for my nutrition on Sunday, no tracking, but I know I still did really well.  I had a 6 in long Subway for lunch, and kept hydrated.

Monday (Day 50):

For the most part, I didn't eat most of the day.  I don't really know why; I just wasn't very hungry!  I woke up kinda late (wahoo - 8am! - lol) and had wonderful spice tea - I think it was pretty filling!  And then my hubby wanted to make me something special (it was a secret!) for lunch.  We went shopping for ingredients, and had a good time all morning and part of the afternoon.  It wasn't until about 3pm, when he finally made a smoked sturgeon appetizer on baguette bread.  It was very good, and I'm so impressed with his surprise!

While he made that, I made the Greek dessert baklava.  If you've never had it, splurge ONE TIME!  It's very rich, very sweet, and very good!  I couldn't even finish my whole piece!  But I made a whole pan for my family of sweet-toothed teens (and hubby too - who happened to finish his slice AND the rest of mine)!

The 9x13 pan...after the family got to it! ;-)
Side view - see all the phyllo dough? And nuts?

It IS truly yummy!
Then in the later part of the evening, it was my step son's turn to make his weekly dinner (I wasn't really hungry at all)!  And that started a good evening with the family watching "The Help."  Getting 100% back on track tomorrow!  Easier to do with a "normal" schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment