Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 8

Workouts:
Treadmill: 35 min, 327 cal.
Walk at school:  29 min, 137 cal.

Total: 64 min, 464 cal.

I chose to do the treadmill today so that I wouldn't wake my hubby up. I can do my treadmill in the dark corner downstairs, but not my 10MT segments.  BUT - at least I got a workout in!

Nutrition:
Bfast: 1/2 c of oats, pecans, craisins, 1 tsp. of brn sugar
Snack: Shakeology with almond milk, 2 clementines
Lunch: corn dogs :(
Snack: sm greek yogurt
Dinner: GREAT recipe! Healthy coconut chicken with pineapple cilantro salsa, salad and peaches.
2 BITES of Bread Pudding!

Two small victories: 

1 - I had not planned to walk at school during recess since I had burned over 300 calories in the morning.  But it was a gorgeous day, and I did anyway! (I think it was the guilt over corn dog-lunch thing!)

2 - I like trying new recipes.  I KNEW that the coconut chicken was a lighter recipe from Paula Deen's original, but I was using her full-fat, full sugar Bread Pudding recipe that I LOVED from Christmas (darn those SILs that bake good recipes)!  But I only had TWO bites!  I read an article from a food competition tester that the first and last bite are savored the most.  (She takes only 3 bites of each dish.)  So I truly took that to heart.

YAY ME!  VICTORY OVER SATAN, THANK YOU GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment